viasSurveillance – Keeps control over your monitor network
The program can monitor any device in a tcp/ip network that has an SNMP agent. The program is used to give operators and maintenance staff an overview of the status of the monitored devices. For display devices, it is also used to show a mirror of what is show on the monitor in real time and to show what was on the monitor at a historical time.
The program can be used independently of the brand of the passenger information system. If the monitor controllers have an SNMP agent, and most of them have, the viasSurveilance can be used to monitor the device. If the operator wants to have a mirror in real time of the contents shown on the device, a small JAVA program must be installed on the device. The same program is used to generate snapshots at a given interval and store them on the controller’s disk.
The network tree can contain any number of levels. The icons are defined by the user. The network tree is defined in configuration mode.
The collected alarms are stored on the database and deleted again after a user defined number of hours or days, only limited by the disk space allocated to the database.
The operator can have any number of mirrors open at a time.
On one selected monitor, it is possible to scroll back in time and have an exact look of what was shown on the monitor at that time.
In administration mode the program may be used to do a controlled upload and reboot of attached devices. The upload may even be postponed to run during the night. To upload a new software one can select any number of devices in the device tree and then start or postpone the upload. Before upload is started, it is possible to inspect the version of the current software.
It is at any time possible to see the result of the last upload. An upload of a new image to 50 monitors scheduled to run during the night may be inspected in the morning to see if any uploads failed.
- Online (re)configuration of Database and server parameters are the only limits to grow your airport, no build in limits
- A true real time event driven solution with response times in the range 1 to 2 seconds
- Independent of existing FIDS systems.
- A system that uses industry standard databases (Oracle).
- A pricing model that reflects the size of your airport where you have access to the full package no matter how big or small your airport is.
- Real time simultaneous mirror of content of any number of monitors.
- Browsing of historical monitor contents
- A state-of-the-art user administration where you define user profiles and applies them to user groups.
- A rigid system that only needs reboot in case the servers need to be upgraded for hardware or software change
- Controlled update of the installed software on a bunch of monitors during night time.
During installation we can deliver onsite skills for tuning and configuration of the solution. Controlled tests of all interface, layouts and devices are carried out based on an of both parties agreed test protocol.
We deliver consulting services in form of plain counseling or IT infrastructure or development jobs.
We can offer a support and maintenance contract that is scaled to the customer needs – onsite and offsite 24/7
Customers may be part of a scheduled product upgrade program. The updates contain new features, bug fixing etc.
Event driven solution with a small server footprint. Based on the industry standard and reliable Oracle database and programmed in JAVA and C, depending on the task to be solved.
Exchange of data with other systems are done over publish subscribe webservices.
The product can be customized and adapted to fulfil specific airport requirements.